What the Problem is?
- India tops this List with 2,43,475 traffic related deaths / year
- In other terms, 1 in 4970 Indian die every year.
- For 10th year in a row, Tamil Nadu tops India in road accidents.
- Our own mindset, that we value `1 or 2 seconds and bypass red signals` more than `our own safety`.
- Poor Traffic Infrastructure including Improper Board signs, non-working signals, damaged road, Encroachments that obstruct traffic.
- Lethargicness on part of Govt Officials (From Traffic Commissioner to Road Inspectors) to fix above points.
- ZERO Political will to make the Govt Officials to do their Duty and to make a better Safe Society.
What a Common Man can do?
Million things. As the topmost person in the Democracy, a common man’s will can do anything (at least in theory). Hit directly at the `no care` attitude of the people.
- Take your smartphone, Capture videos of traffic violations happening in roads.
- Document the details of all captured violations by noting down the Vehicle Registration Number, Violation Type and such.
- We are not just capturing the violations done by the Public, but also we cover the Infrastructure problems like poor roads, broken signals, encroachments on road / pavements.
- Collect all the violation data and send complaint to Traffic Police to take action by imposing fine on all violators.
- If no action is made on the complaint, escalate it above and above till it reaches the CM.
- Do the above steps on a larger scale, like 100s of videos capturing 1000s violations / month. We are definitely not short of violations.
- Make the authorities / Politicians directly responsible for the Huge number of violations happening and its direct consequence 2,43,475 deaths / year.
Then sit and watch the CHANGE happening…
This Traffic Violation Portal is to automate and digitize the above processes and to crowd source the tasks…
We have already executed this procedure. Once automation is done through this Traffic Violation Portal, a revolution in Road safety in India is just a matter of time.